Visit our Store at #117-20353 64 Ave, Langley • 604.530.1518
May 01, 2017
I always forget how easy & delicious a good old vanilla crème brûlée is. We made these last night for the dinner party, served with fresh berries, they were fantastic! This delicious five ingredient dessertt recipe is also gluten free.
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F and place 6 ramekins in a large high sided pan.
2. Heat the cream on medium low with the vanilla paste. Heat the cream for about 5 minutes, watching so that it doesn’t boil over.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks, whole egg and sugar together. Whisk in the hot cream slowly, whisking constantly until all has been added. Strain and pour into the ramekins.
4. Pour boiling water into the pan, around the brûlée dishes, so that the water comes up just past halfway up the dishes and carefully take this to the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes, until they are set around the edges, but still have a little jiggle to them when gently moved. Let them cool for 10 minutes in the water bath, then remove & cool completely on a rack. Chill for at least 3 hours.
5. To serve, sprinkle each custard with a thin layer of sugar. Carefully ignite a kitchen butane torch and caramelize the sugar by moving the torch back and forth over the custard, about an inch or 2 away from it. Sprinkle another thin layer of sugar over the first layer and torch it, repeating another 2 times or until the desired caramel layer is achieved. Serve immediately.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
February 15, 2018
February 11, 2018
February 08, 2018
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …