The Preservatory is a seasonal line of artisanal preserves from one of our favourite local producers, Vista D’oro. These amazing preserves were created using traditional cooking methods combined with distinctive flavour pairings. Whether served on a cheese board or alongside fresh baked scones or hot buttered toast; our preserves are truly versatile, simply delicious and always seasonal! Serve as a decadent crepe filling, try them as an accompaniment for roast pork or simply enjoy them straight out of the jar!
The line is seasonal; they make new flavours per season, using traditional old world techniques, small batches, copper pots, in-season fruit.
We're proud to bring your the 2017 series:
- Pineapple Ginger with Sake
- Pairs perfectly with Gorgonzola
- Pink Grapefruit and Champagne
- Pairs marvellously with mascarpone
- Blood Orange with Vanilla and Campari
- Pairs deliciously with delice de bourgogne.
- Raspberry with Merlot and Peppercorn
- Pairs with brilliant savarin
- Blueberry and Bourbon
- Pairs perfectly with piave
- Rhubarb and Vanilla
- Pairs like a champion with Camembert.
- Plum, with Vanilla and Star Anise
- Pairs gloriously with Gruyere.
- Orchard Pear and Pinot Noir
- Spiced Cranberry and Iced Apple Wine
- Fig and Walnut Wine
- Pairs wonderfully with Stilton
- Green Walnut and Grappa
- Pairs deliciously with all cheese
The preserves are meant to be used in a variety of ways – with the additions of wine and alcohol as well as the spices, they are excellent on a cheese board with a variety of cheeses or an antipasto platter alongside charcuterie. They are also perfect for finishing sauces, making vinaigrettes, & glazing meats. Great over ice cream – or cheesecake, they really are truly versatile. They are just as great a simple piece of toast or simple straight off a spoon!